Sunday 9 May 2010

Radio resources for listening practice

I thought I'd share the URL of a great site for helping you practice listening to swedish. It's Sverige Radio's archive. There's pretty much everything here from arts and culture to music and sport.

My girlfriend and I have become fairly addicted to listening to the documentaries which cover subjects as diverse as the first death in Sweden of a football fan caused by the english disease to mudslides in Göteborg in the seventies.

Of particular interest to those with a more basic grasp of Swedish and therefore to me, is the klartext news. This short ten minute programme summarises the day's news in simple swedish and is aimed at students studying the language. It also helps that the presenters also speak slightly more slowly than normal.

You can subscribe to each programme through iTunes (Yes, I know it's a horrible piece of software...) so when they publish a new programme it'll automatically be downloaded for you.

You can also stream channels radio from the site, but I have no idea if they are restricted to computers with a Swedish IP address.

No comments:

Post a Comment